Analog to Digital
The Journey: Evolution or Extinction?
Welcome to the year 2025! The graphic above represents the transformational journey from analog to digital.
We have just experienced a “CTL-ALT-DEL” (reboot) for all of humanity in a new, rapid-paced world of re-invention for all business and people relationships. Digital transformation costs hinge on acceptance and avoidence. Avoidence leads to competitive disadvantage and possible extinction. Digital Transformation is the accelerant that helps with the fundamental tasks of Taking Care Of Canadian Business.
- Understand: Your company’s cloud strategy.
- Develop: Your company’s data strategy.
- Formulate: Customer Relationship & Experience Strategy.
- Identify: Business services that are worthy of digital transformation.
- Assess: SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) the cost of transformation.
- Define: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each business service worthy of transformation.
- Measure: Success and goal achievement with KPI’s.
- Neutralize: The fear of change in corporate culture.
- What will my transformation costs look like?
- Where my IT assets be located: Public, Private, Hybrid, On-Premise?
- What should my network look like?
- Where do I locate and how do I retain Smart Hands (IT talent)?
- Expectations of improved scale and ROI with legacy IT replacement?
- What tools can I use to help my IT staff simplify the management of IT resources?
- How do I move from being a follower to a business leader?
- Where do I find the time to transform?
- What priorities should I create for my transformation initiatives?
- How can I simplify the IT vendor relationship and contract management?
- How do I identify and eliminate single points of technology failure?
Funding (Qualitative & Quantitative)
- Data Center to Cloud migration.
- Wide Area Network (WAN) evolution.
- MPLS retirement.
- Appliance footprint reduction.
- Software licensing/support to Software as a Service (subscription) migration.
- Retirement of legacy castle and moat architectures.
- Intelligent technology refresh and/or retirement strategies.
- Smarter deployment of valuable IT resources (Smart Hands).
- Streamlined vendor contacts.
- Improved time to value.
- Process duplication elimination.
- IT and Line Of Business (LOB) budget consolidation.
- Corporate silo elimination.
- Work From Home (WFH) initiatives.
- Application performance improvements.
- Improved end user productivity.
- Improved employee job satisfaction, diversity and opportunity.
- Competitive advantage vs disadvantage.
- Simplify security tech footprint and support requirements and costs.
- Cloud native and converged network connectivity and advanced security services.
- Legacy Telco disconnect.
- Intelligent navigation and global connectivity.
- Connect product/service subject matter experts directly to customers.
- Cloud-based customer care (voice, email, chat, SMS, mobile, social)
- PBX-less cloud-based enterprise communications.
- Hybrid, integrated, cloud-based enterprise communications and contact centre.
- UCaaS & CCaaS as ONE.
- Employees and Customer Care Agents on a single team.
- Remote worker management.
- Off-premise private cloud solutions.
- off-premise private cloud strategy
- recovery strategy for public cloud financial savings shortfalls.