Analog to Digital
Transformation Costs: Evolution or Extinction?
Welcome to the year 2025! The graphic above represents the journey from analog to digital. This analogy draws on a Canadian music showcased in parts of this website. It is also introduced visually below in some real life examples.
We have just experienced a “CTL-ALT-DEL” (reboot) for all of humanity in a new, rapid-paced world of re-invention for all business and people relationships. The digital transformation costs from analog to digital are hinged on both acceptance and avoidence. Avoidence will lead to competitive disadvantage and eventually, business extinction. Digital Transformation is the accelerant that will help everybody with the tasks of Taking Care Of Canadian Business.
Some Real Life Examples
- From video rentals to Netflix.
- Supermarkets to Door Dash
- Car Dealerships to car delivery
- Taxi stands to Uber
- Timex watch to Garmin health monitoring
- Honeywell thermostats to Google Nest
Digital Transformation Milemarkers
- Understand: Your company’s cloud strategy
- Develop: Your company’s data strategy
- Formulate: Customer Relationship & Experience Strategy
- Identify: Business services that are worthy of digital transformation
- Assess: SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) the cost of transformation from analog to digital.
- Define: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each business service worthy of transformation
- Measure: Success and goal achievement with KPI’s.
- Neutralize: The fear of change in corporate culture.
Digital Transformation Navigation Signs.
- What will my transformation costs look like?
- Where my IT assets be located: Public, Private, Hybrid, On-Premise?
- What should my network look like?
- Where do I locate and retain Smart Hands (IT talent)?
- Can I replace old legacy IT infrastructure and reinvest in new IT with improved scale and ROI?
- What tools can I use to help my IT staff simplify the management of IT resources?
- How do I move from being a follower to a business leader?
- How do I make time to transform?
- What priorities should I create for my transformation initiatives?
- How can I simplify the IT vendor relationship and contract management?
Funding The Journey (Qualitative & Quantitative)
- Data Center to Cloud migration.
- Wide Area Network (WAN) evolution.
- MPLS retirement.
- Appliance footprint reduction.
- Software licensing/support to Software as a Service (subscription) migration.
- Retirement of legacy castle and moat architectures.
- Intelligent technology refresh and/or retirement strategies.
- Smarter deployment of valuable IT resources (Smart Hands).
- Streamlined vendor contacts.
- Improved time to value.
- Process duplication elimination.
- IT and Line Of Business (LOB) budget consolidation.
- Corporate silo elimination.
- Work From Home (WFH) initiatives.
- Application performance improvements.
- Improved end user productivity.
- Improved employee job satisfaction, diversity and opportunity.
- Competitive advantage vs disadvantage.
Digital Transformation Destinations
- SASE-Secure Access Secure Edge
- Cloud native and converged network connectivity and advanced security services.
- SD-WAN-Software Defined Networks
- Intelligent navigation and global connectivity.
- CCaaS-Contact Centre as a Service
- Cloud-based customer care (voice, email, chat, SMS, mobile, social)
- .UCaaS-Unified Communications as a Service
- Cloud-based enterprise communications.
- XCaaS-Customer Experience Communications
- UCaaS & CCaaS as ONE.
- Employees and Customer Care Agents on a single team.
- Remote worker management capabilities
- Colocation Services
- off-premise private cloud strategy
- recovery strategy for public cloud financial savings shortfalls.
Assessment & Needs Analysis
- Interactive Quick Assessments (realtime)
- Solution Matrix Comparison Tool (realtime)
- “RFP In A Box”
- CanadianClub Connect
- Join the Club and let’s talk.
- CanadianClub Insights
- access the knowledge and insights bar at CanadianClub